Pitch Perfect: Selling to Legal Operations
Legal Operations might work behind the scenes of the General Counsel … but ops wears the pants on tech purchase decisions. And we’ve got an insider’s look at how capture...
You’re the New VP of Sales ... Now What?
A great VP of Sales views his role as the mechanic that ensures that each piece of the engine is working properly and in harmony
5 Ways to Double Down on Sales Enablement
... it was found that 9% of sales organizations had not considered customer journey alignment, while 35% had an informal alignment, but no real implementation. In total, 44% of businesses have not aligned their sales processes to the customer journey in any meaningful way.
How to Use Data Intelligence for Event Lead Generation
Suppose there’s a sales development conference in San Francisco. I’ll look at the event roster and at social media to see who else will be there - plus companies who have a nearby office but aren’t going to the conference. Next, I identify which of those are a good fit for my solution.
Pitch Perfect: Selling into Human Resources (HR)
Workplace services. Compensation. Recruitment. New employee orientation. Human Resources controls a growing piece of the budget. But how do you break in? HR leaders have one customer – and that’s...
The Silent Killer: Your Garbage Sales & Marketing Data (Eeek!)
"One vendor who uses a 600-person team in India, listed a CEO’s wife as the company’s ‘Head of IT,’ even though she had not worked for the company for more than 30 years. Other contacts they identified as corporate CIOs were, instead, dentists, actors, and aircraft maintenance technicians."
A Women in Sales Month Success Story: “Sales is the Great Equalizer”
It’s not because I am a woman. It’s because I work hard. Your gender doesn’t matter. Your age, and what your degree was in don’t matter. All that matters is: Are you good at your job? Do you like sales?
5 Steps to Overcome Sales Objections
Remember that last sale that you made where you ran into an objection? It’s tough, right? Of course it is. We all know that selling doesn’t really start until we...
VIDEO: 3 Ways to Scale Your Inbound Sales Team
Welcome to another Whiteboard Wednesday! I’m Chaz Knauft, Manager of Sales Development at DiscoverOrg, and I’m going to walk you through how to scale your inbound sales development team –...
9 B2B Sales Closing Techniques You Can Use Today
Don’t jump to discounts right away - then it becomes a price-based purchase, not value-based. We need to revert to value-based appeal. If you lead with price, you become a price-based purchase. So any discounts should be last.
How to Create an Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) to Target the Right Prospects
The Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) is used to identify, source, and prioritize your best prospects - but how do you create an accurate ICP in the first place?
Adventures in Account-Based Marketing
I became interested in target account marketing, which I later learned to call ABM, while tying to efficiently grow a software business. The hypothesis was that if all of our time, energy, and money was spent on a focused sales and marketing effort to convert a list of target enterprise accounts, we could grow our average sales price (ASP) - without breaking the bank.