3 Outbound Sales Strategies to Ensure Success in the New Year (Catch your fill with these sure-fire tools!)
Like the plumage and song of a bird seeking a mate, content marketing strategies give companies the opportunity to get found by prospects. These inbound sales strategies enable potential suitors to evaluate options and make educated choices at their own pace. But even the most beautiful bird still needs to eat. And that is where highly targeted outbound strategies come into play. By identifying your targets and taking the plunge to reach out to them, you take control of your own success rather than waiting for it to come to you.
To make effective use of outbound strategies, employ these important tactics:
1. Fish in the right spot. Targeted prospecting is critical in having successful sales teams. No one should be spending their days calling hundreds of numbers to come up empty. Sale intelligence tools enable you to segment in a wide variety of ways and identify specific targets that will not only have the highest likelihood to convert but also the ones that will develop into long-term customers and high value accounts. With visibility of all prospects that use a specific technology, you can select for those whose budgets are big enough to warrant a strategic account approach. The sales intelligence solution’s organizational chart will enable you to target the right people within the organization but not limit you to a single contact. Having full visibility into the IT organization gives you the power to employ multi-stakeholder selling. This tactic will give you higher visibility in the organization and tighten your sales cycle as you control when the relevant decision makers are invited to the table.
2. Be choosy. With the adoption of effective sales intelligence tools sales teams can identify and contact the prospects with current needs and reach out only to the prospects with the highest likelihood of purchasing. This eliminates the wasted time and effort of old-style outbound sales. Today’s sales and marketing teams are no longer looking for the most leads at the lowest cost, but identifying the right targets and approaching them informed with solutions designed to address issues that the prospects are currently facing. Making use of tools like Triggers gives you actionable data about prospects’ open initiatives and leadership changes so that you can come knocking when they are ready to open the door.
3. Follow the bubbles. Ensure that quality inbound leads are engaged in a strategic manner by outbound sales efforts. Using inbound and outbound tactics in concert with each other will put you in front of good-fit prospects quicker. Prospects who download, read and subscribe to your content are self-selecting to know more about your solutions. Supplement the information entered by inbound leads to access content with the complete profile data from your sales intelligence solution. Knowing that the prospect was interested in a cloud storage whitepaper is a good start, but when supplemented with the profile information, your sales team can know before reaching out that the organization is currently evaluating cloud storage solutions and identify who on the team is responsible for that project as well as have at hand the direct contact information needed to reach them directly and discuss your offering. Being the most prepared vendor when you make the call will is likely to move your solution to the top of the list.
Outbound strategies give you control of the sale. By engaging with prospects early in the decision making process you can develop relationships, provide more tailored solutions and close more sales. And that’s what it’s all about, right?
If you don’t currently have a sales intelligence solution that gives you all of these benefits, we would love to show you ours.
Click here to request a demo.
You might also be interested in:
- Reading our new eBook – How to Turn Cold Calls into Warm Leads
- Getting some great tips from our upcoming webinar, 21 Do’s and Don’ts for Overcoming Sales Objections
- Downloading our Ultimate Inside Sales Toolkit