We would like to send a special thanks to you all for making 2014 an incredible year at DiscoverOrg. Throughout the year, we have extended our award-winning sales intelligence offering in many ways, and enjoyed delivering a toolset that helps users be more successful than they knew was possible.
Over the past year, DiscoverOrg has:
- Expanded the number of profiled companies to over 20,000 and profiled decision makers to over 400,000 – almost 25% growth in a single year;
- Provided useful resources including over 100 sales effectiveness webinars and 2 new eBooks;
- Launched two new datasets covering the European Union and Marketing departments;
- Rolled out marketing integrations for Marketo, Eloqua and Hubspot, and a Google Chrome Extension;
- Earned G2 Crowd’s No. 1 customer satisfaction rating for its sales intelligence solution and were recognized by G2 Crowd for market share and product quality.
Beyond the numbers and innovations of the past year, we are excited to continue to provide extraordinarily accurate sales data intelligence as well as a host of tools that develop the effectiveness of the sales teams using our solution.
As part of our commitment to improving sales effectiveness, we provide blogs weekly which we hope you find beneficial. Tuesdays every week we blog about leadership changes and provide insight into selling opportunities that develop as large organizational strategies shift. Thursday blogs are focused on the many aspects of sales effectiveness and thought leadership. We also have guest blog writers who share their professional insight. In case you missed any, here are some of the top blog posts from DiscoverOrg from 2014.
Our 5 most shared blog posts from 2014:
- Do’s and Don’ts for Selling to CIOs Ten strategies from a panel of CIOs about what to do (and not to do) when selling to them.
- Why Cold Calling Isn’t Dead – and Other Myths Debunked! As much as social media was expected to move sales away from the cold call, read here to see why calls are still critical to making sales.
- Outbound Email Marketing Strategy: 4 “Must-dos” to Ensure Deliverability Strategic tips for reaching your target audience and getting your messages in the inbox, not the recycle bin.
- Don’t Hire a Rolodex: 5 Steps to Sustainable Success with a Killer Outbound Sales Organization Ensure your organization’s sustainable success by developing a fantastic team.
- Recipe for European Success: Sales Tips for Including 3 Essential Ingredients Follow these common sense tips for managing cultural risk when selling into foreign markets.
Our 5 staff favorite blog posts from the past year:
- Why Cheap Data is Actually Really Expensive When choosing a data vendor or service make sure you’re able to decipher between the acquisition cost of that data and the real cost.
- Faster, Better, Stronger: A Tale of Constant Improvement DiscoverOrg strives to make you more effective, and enable you to spend less time researching and more time selling.
- Understanding the Tech-Integrated, Data-Driven Sales/Marketing Buyer: How to navigate technology sales when faced with the blending roles of marketers and sales people, technologists, and analysts.
- 3 Powers to Make your Sales Team Super How to make your sales efforts unbeatable by empowering sales teams with sales superpowers.
- 3 Steps to Making Hay ($$) from the Leads You’ve Been Nurturing Make sure to harvest the rewards from the leads you’ve been nurturing all year.
Our 5 most popular guest posts in 2014:
- Moneyball For Sales by Nancy Nardin of Smart Selling Tools. Distinguish between focusing on potential or on outcomes.
- How Can You Prevent Cold Calling Objections? by Steve Richard of Vorsight. Understand what causes objections during cold calls and how to avoid those pitfalls.
- 9 Reasons Why Tech Salespeople Lose Deals (& How to Avoid Them) by Steve W. Martin author of the Heavy Hitter book series. If your schedule feels like it’s a bit out of control, there are some universal steps you can take to begin finding a tailor-made approach.
- 12 Tips to Close End of Year Sales Fast by Kendra Lee of the KLA Group. How to get to the close quickly without seeming desperate.
- Give Yourself an Unfair Advantage by Jill Konrath author of SNAP Selling. Stack the deck in your favor with these clever sales strategies.
We look forward to an exciting 2015. In fact, it may be our most ambitious year yet. We will have several key announcements in coming months, all designed to make you more effective in your role as a sales person. I hope you have had as successful a year as we have and that you continue to benefit from the sales effectiveness benefits we strive to deliver every day.