Nancy Nardin, of Smart Selling Tools, Wants You to Know Why Your Sales Process is Full of @#%!
Nancy Nardin is the founder and President of Smart Selling Tools, which is dedicated to helping marketers and sellers apply process and technology to drive revenue.
Sales teams are said to average only 35% of their time actually selling – but what does that mean? Where does the other 65% go? If sales people are working on tasks that are necessary to close deals, is that non-selling? That may not be the most clear of distinctions, but there is plenty of room for improvement in terms of reducing waste and increasing effectiveness in the sales cycle.
In her blog post, nationally recognized thought leader Nancy Nardin categorizes seven activities that waste time and weigh down sales teams in less than optimal productivity. And she gives tips on how to reduce the burden these tasks place on sales effectiveness. Among them:
- Waiting before you can move forward. With greater visibility into the organization, sales teams can regain control of the process by bringing multiple stakeholders into the process.
- Over-processing by spending too much time on tasks. Good account intelligence will help you to understand the prospect’s environment, reporting structure and goals. Sales teams won’t over-focus on an easy to reach account when they’ve got direct contact information into all of them.
- Over-production spinning wheels on activity that focuses on non-ideal customers. Get in tune with your ideal customers and focus your energy on those.
You might also be interested in:
- Registering for the upcoming Moneyball for Sales webinar with Nancy Nardin
- Evaluating the impact of bad data on your productivity
- Finding out how to Leverage Triggers to Spur Sales Success in IT Sales