“DiscoverOrg helped forge alignment between marketing and sales, which is essential for ABM. We now have great alignment, down to the contact level!”
– Megan Lueders, Vice President of Marketing
Zenoss, www.zenoss.com, works with the largest organizations to ensure their IT services and applications are always on. As the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring and analytics software, the company provides complete visibility into their customers IT infrastructure environments. Zenoss collects 72 million data points every 5 minutes and over 21 billion metrics each day, and was honored by Forbes as a Best Enterprise Software Startup to Work For in 2016.
Zenoss provides clients with visibility into their physical, virtual, and cloud IT environments. But when it came to its sales and marketing database (CRM), Zenoss lacked critical lead / contact details and marketing source attribution.
As the new Marketing leader started to investigate further, it was quickly revealed that lead processes and workflow rules were inconsistent and not integrated well at the account, contact, or lead level. Market intelligence data was nearly unusable, full of gaps, duplicate records, and out-of-date information – all the usual calling-cards of bad data. Unable to build out the Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategy it was planning, Zenoss called DiscoverOrg.
Zenoss selected the Government & Higher Education IT, MidMarket IT, and Enterprise IT datasets. Instantly, the team got access to the most complete, accurate, and in-depth market intelligence data in existence.
“It was an exciting conversation with our sales team who had craved this type of information for months and now had immediate access to it; DiscoverOrg had instant credibility within the collective teams,” says Megan Lueders, Vice President of Marketing at Zenoss. The enterprise software company not only got the best data in the world, but the support and training to use it effectively. DiscoverOrg conducted on-site trainings, attended two of Zenoss’ sales kick-offs, and operated more as a partner than provider. “From the beginning DiscoverOrg was commited to our success and jumped at the opportunity to onboard our global sales and marketing teams in Austin. What could have taken months to achieve that level of adoption took a few hours, and we knew we had a partner for life,” says Lueders. “DiscoverOrg values the customer and we experienced that first hand in our CSM and trainer.”
As Zenoss embarked upon their ABM efforts, they relied heavily on DiscoverOrg’s sharp data parameters and segmentation tools to append their targeted 2,000 accounts with contact and account level insights. Zenoss attacked the target accounts confidently knowing they had accuracy of their data, which helped them connect to the right people, every time.
“It’s one of the most trusted tools in our sales and marketing team’s arsenal,” Lueders says. “DiscoverOrg proves itself every month and every quarter.” With its sales and marketing teams now operating in alignment, Zenoss is executing a highly effective ABM strategy, targeting multiple key decision-makers and stakeholders within each account. The organizational clarity and understanding Zenoss gets from DiscoverOrg data empowers teams to map the hierarchy of each account and connect with exactly who they need to, to get deals done.
“[DiscoverOrg] has been instrumental in helping us build our ABM strategy,” says Lueders.
That’s account-based marketing, made possible by DiscoverOrg.
- With a commitment to strengthening Sales & Marketing go to market programs, and new leadership in place to execute, Zenoss leveraged a key technology partner to align sales and marketing teams around the same complete data, develop and ABM strategy – and share integration in Salesforce.
- The high level of accuracy of DiscoverOrg data allowed Zenoss sales and marketing teams to work together and quickly append 2,000 new best-fit target accounts.
- Robust org charts had a depth of contacts within industries, which pointed Zenoss reps directly to real decision makers with budgetary control – right off the bat.
- DiscoverOrg’s focus on customer centricity allowed for customer success and training teams to attend Zenoss’ sales kickoff and host in-person and video trainings, to ensure everyone understood and utilized the tool.