Box: Case Study
Box Saves Valuable Time and Significantly Increases New Business Revenue with DiscoverOrg
Location: Redwood City, California
Industry: File Sharing and Content Management
Box needed a way to spend less time each day building up-to-date organizational charts and more time driving new opportunities.
- DiscoverOrg Small to Medium Enterprise IT Dataset
- DiscoverOrg Mid-Market IT Dataset
- DiscoverOrg Enterprise IT Dataset
- DiscoverOrg European IT Dataset
- DiscoverOrg Triggers
- Saving 2.5 hours of prospecting time per employee/week
- Slashing 5 hours of administrative process per employee/week
- Enabling 100+ additional discovery calls per week
- Driving significant dollars in new business per week
“It was like adding whole new accounts into our territories.”
– Nick Gage, Manager, Outbound Sales
Box, www.box.com, is a leading enterprise content platforming helping businesses of all sizes share, manage and collaborate on their most important information. Today, Box is used by more than 63,000 organizations around the world, including 63 percent of the Fortune 500.
In a fast-moving modern industry like content management, names, faces, job titles, and even companies change in the blink of an eye. Box’s talented demand gen team and outbound business managers used to spend countless hours each week scouring news wires and alert services for organizational changes at potential customers, trying to identify new opportunities and filter out dead ones.
Combined with the tediously slow tasks of compiling organizational charts by hand and uploading entire account lists one-by-one to Salesforce, Box was not only wasting their most valuable revenue-driving employees’ time, but they were missing out on dozens of promising and potentially lucrative new leads each week.
Box selected the Enterprise, Mid-Market, SME, and European IT datasets from DiscoverOrg, complete with DiscoverOrg Triggers. Instantly, Box’s team got unlimited access to the most complete, in-depth, accurate, and up-to-date market intelligence data in existence. Box got a crystal clear window into all of their target accounts, with organizational charts that DiscoverOrg creates automatically and email alerts whenever changes are detected. A task that used to take two to five hours of employees’ valuable time each day was now completed instantly for them. Further, account lists that previously had to be manually uploaded individually could now be uploaded in bulk, and even streamlined and segmented by industry, region, technological stacks owned, company size, or any other granularity Box could imagine. “It was like adding whole new accounts into our territories,” attests Manager of Outbound Sales Nick Gage.
The demand gen team at Box is measured by the opportunities they create, and that’s where DiscoverOrg provided the greatest windfall. With the time they save on prospecting and qualifying leads thanks to DiscoverOrg, Box’s team was each able to complete roughly a dozen more discovery calls per week. With an improved success rate converting discovery calls to opportunities multiplied across the team, Box has seen a significant uptick in the amount of business and new recurring revenue generated through DiscoverOrg’s data. Now that’s what we call collaboration.
- DiscoverOrg’s in-depth, accurate, organizational charts cut out the need for manual research of potential accounts, cutting two to five hours of employees’ time each day.
- DiscoverOrg’s automated email alerts notify reps of data changes in their target accounts and potentially lucrative Triggering events at the same accounts, allowing for easy identification of new opportunities while filtering out of dead ones.
- Box can now upload streamlined and segmented account lists to their CRM in bulk, saving invaluable time over the previous one-by-one manual method used before DiscoverOrg.
- With the time saved on prospecting and qualifying leads through DiscoverOrg’s data, Box’s team was enabled to complete roughly 100+ additional discovery calls per week, leading to a significant uptick in the amount of business and new recurring revenue generated.